2008-03-23

Happenings of late!!

Good evening one and all!
A few things have been happening lately, and I thought I'd share them with you.
FIRST THINGS FIRST:
A major life change will be happening here in the next few months. As a matter-of-fact, this change is already underway. I can't elaborate on this, as I'm not sure if the person this will also be happening to/with has regular access to the net and reads this blog. They know it's here, I'm just not sure how often they read it (no, I don't have a traffic counter on here. I don't care to. Who reads this and when whoever reads it does is their own business, not mine). I'll keep you posted as things progress. I will say this though. Patience pays off, I'm living proof.

Secondly:
You already know about my phone and what it is. Well, I don't like to leave anything stock. If a piece of equipment I own doesn't do what I wish it to then I will tweak it as far as I can until it plays like I want it to. GPS's hold data well. Cars can perform well beyond manufacturers' specs with the right care. Most times you can run a computer off a bootable Flash Drive (with appropriate OS installed on said flash drive), and phones/PDA's don't always have to maintain stock OS's.

Which brings me to what's going on with my phone.

The current iteration of the XV6700 ships with Windows Mobile version 5 preinstalled. While it's an okay system, it lacked the creature comforts that I want in my tech (i.e. tweaking ability, etc). So true to form I went ahead and flashed my phone to run Windows Mobile 6.1!! Did I void the warranty? I don't worry about that, as I bought the phone off Ebay with no warranty anyway. Will it ruin my phone? I've been running it for 10 days solid now with no ill effects and it's quicker in every way. Was it easy? Once I understood the basics of the operation, most definitely.
Now what, besides speed and stability, did this adventure gain me? A phone with the newest OS, features that I want installed on the phone as part of the OS (not cab files filling up anywhere that I have to worry about later), and I got to learn how to work with a piece of tech that I had not even thought of touching previously in that fashion.

There's more besides this, but I'm beat and and I still have to think about getting a nap before work in 3 hours (like that'll happen). Maybe I'll just do dishes instead.

Be well and Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

rakethetable said...

Get some rest. It can wait.