2008-02-25

Adding to The Arsenal

First, a little back story:
Back in 2005/2006 I was employed by one of California's larger "Quick Lube" outfits to work in their I.T. Department. One of the many perks of this position was that I was issued a company cell phone. It was a Blackberry. Sweet unit, but it lacked oomph. So, after a couple of months, I was handed a box. Within this box was a brand new, never ever ever been used, HTC 6700.



I was in love, to say the least. So much so, that when I left the company I cringed at having to give this thing back, but swore I'd get one of my own someday.

Fast Forward to now:
Last September I had occasion to get a new phone. I found that the 6700 was still being sold! Alas, I couldn't afford it, so I settled for something Blackberry-esque. Last week, I got tired of not having what I wanted (I normally get what I want, and settle for nothing less. It doesn't make me spoiled, as I don't ask others for things that I want. My wants are mine and mine alone.), so I got onto eBay and nailed down a used 6700 for a really sweet price!

How does this relate to Geocaching? Well, It'll help me with Paperless caching. It does more than the phone I had, and it's what I got used to using, so therefore it's much easier for me to use and sooooo much more configurable for my needs. GSAK anyone?

Now all I need to do is log the 3 I got earlier this month...

Carpe Noctum, and Cache On!!

1 comment:

rakethetable said...

Looks like a sweet phone. Good luck